Miley Cyrus has raised my eyebrows with her controversial antics throughout this year. It is not surprising that her music videos were named the most-watched of 2013, according to music website VEVO.
Cryus topped VEVO’s list of 2013’s highest viewed videos, with 19.3 million views for Wrecking Ball on its first day of release in September and then reaching 371 million views worldwide as of December 1.
She beat last year’s winner of Call Me Maybe from Carly Rae Jepsen with 357 million views.
The controversial video has gained popularity as Cyrus appeared nearly naked in parts of the clip, swinging on top of a wrecking ball.
Vevo had declared that it was ‘Miley’s year’ as she had also taken the second spot with We Can’t Stop with more than 310 million views.
Here are the top 10 music videos of 2013:
1) Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball
2) Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop
3) Will.i.am – Scream and Shout, featuring Britney Spears
4) Rihanna – Diamonds
5) Katy Perry – Roar
6) Pink – Just Give Me a Reason, featuring Nate Ruess
7) Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines, featuring T.I. and Pharrell
8) Rihanna – Stay, featuring Mikky Ekko
9) Naughty Boy – La La La, featuring Sam Smith
10) One Direction – Kiss You